FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS OF PARTICIPANTS OF MINORITY AGE (UNDER AGE 18) AT TIME OF REGISTRATION
This is to certifiy that I, as parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this/these participant(s), do consent and agree to his/her release, as provided above, of all the Releasees, and for myself, my heirs, assigns,and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my minor child's involvement or participation in these programs as provided above, even if arising from their negligence, to the fullest extent permitted by law. I have instructed the minor participant(s) as to the above warnings and conditions and their ramifications.
!!! WARNING !!!
WAIVER, RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND AGREEMENT TO PARTICIPATE
In consideration of being permitted to participate in any way, including travel to and from, in any Judo tournament, practice, clinic and related events and activities of USA JUDO., United States Judo Federation, United States Judo Association, American Traditional Jujutsu Association, American Judo and Jujitsu Federation, Colorado Judo League, Northglenn Judo Club, Inc., City of Northglenn, and Northglenn Recreation Center, I/We hereby:
1. Acknowledge that I/We am/are familiar with the sport of Judo and understand the rules governing the sport of Judo.
2. Agree that prior to participating, I/We will inspect the mats, equipment, facilities, competition pools or divisions and the elimination or scoring system to be used, and if I/We believe anything is unsafe or beyond my/our capability, I/We will immediately advise my/our coach, supervisor, and/or a tournament official of such conditions and refuse to participate.
3. Acknowledge and fully understand that I/We will be engaging in a contact sport that might result in serious injury, including Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), permanent disability or death, and severe social and economic losses due to not only my/our own actions, inactions, or negligence, but also to the actions, inactions, or negligence of others, the rules of the sport of Judo, or conditions of the premises or of any equipment used. Further, I/We acknowledge that there may be other risks not known to me/us or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
4. Knowing the risks involved in the sport of Judo, I/We assume all such risks and accept personal responsibility for the damages following such injury, permanent disability, or death.
5. Release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue the USA JUDO, United States Judo Federation, United States Judo Association, Colorado Judo League, Northglenn Judo Club, Inc., City of Northglenn, and Northglenn Recreation Center, together with their affiliated clubs, their respective administrators, directors, agents, coaches and other employees or volunteers of the organization, event officials, medical personnel, other participants, their parents, guardians, supervisors and coaches, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners, lessors and lessees of premises used to conduct the event, all of whom are hereinafter referred to as "releasee", from any and all claims, demands, losses, or damages on account of injury, including permanent disability and death and damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the releasee or otherwise to the fullest extent permitted by law :
I/WE HAVE READ THE ABOVE WARNING, WAIVER, AND RELEASE, UNDERSTAND THAT I/WE GIVE UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY AGREEING WITH IT, AND KNOWING THIS, AGREE VOLUNTARILY. I/WE AGREE TO PARTICIPATE KNOWING THE RISK AND CONDITIONS INVOLVED AND DO SO ENTIRELY OF MY/OUR OWN FREE WILL. I/WE AFFIRM THAT I/WE AM/ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE, OR, IF I/WE AM/ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE, I/WE HAVE OBTAINED THE REQUIRED CONSENT OF MY/OUR PARENT / GUARDIAN AS EVIDENCED BY THEIR AGREEMENT BELOW.
I have read the above warnings and agree to present a properly signed hard-copy of the waiver at tournament check-in.
I have read the above warnings and agree to present a properly signed hard-copy of the waiver at tournament check-in